When it comes to oral hygiene, prevention is always better than cure. Good oral health is vital to your overall health which is why we offer a comprehensive oral care service. Our skilled hygiene team are experienced, knowledgeable and above all, gentle.
What you can expect
We treat every patient as an individual so your visit will be bespoke to your needs. Here are some of the areas our hygienists will be checking.
- Identifying any new or recurring areas of gum disease or tooth decay
- Checking, measuring and recording disease levels to assess the efficacy of your at-home dental hygiene routine
- Treating localised flare-ups
- Removing any bacteria that has migrated under the gum line
- Applying antibacterial agents, when necessary
- Assessing factors that could cause dental disease to develop
- Providing recommendations and adjustments to your brushing technique
- Demonstrating how to use interdental aids to suit your daily routine
- Planning your next visit, according to your individual needs
We practise 360° dentistry, which means we put you, the patient, at the centre of everything we do. With each visit to Illume, we’ll work with you to understand your needs and concerns, as well as building up a full picture of your lifestyle, diet and general health. Good oral health helps to maintain good general health, so by taking care of your smile, we’ll help you to become healthier and happier.