If you’ve lost an individual tooth, a single implant could be the perfect way to help repair your smile. Implants are like having brand new, solid lifelike ceramic teeth. They even have their own root! Using the most cutting-edge dentistry, we’ll put a whole new titanium root in the gum, and then build a new tooth above it.
Benefits of dental implants
In the past, dentures and bridges were the only real options to replace missing teeth, but dental implants provide a whole different experience and a range of benefits:
- Strong, fixed teeth that allow you to eat any food you like
- No need to reshape, remove or damage healthy teeth surrounding the gap
- A healthy mouth: missing teeth can cause a variety of problems, such as teeth movement, difficulty maintaining oral hygiene, gum disease and even further tooth loss
- A beautiful, natural-looking smile
- Better, more comfortable eating which is linked with better overall health and wellbeing.
How realistic do implants look?
Dental implants use innovative new techniques and materials aiming to mimic natural teeth:
- A high-quality, light-permeable, white porcelain that lets light pass through – just like real teeth
- Advanced colour-matching using both observation and digital photography to find all the natural variations in your teeth. We can organise personal visits to our laboratories so you are seen in person by the ceramicist building your restorations.
As with any of our treatments, we’ll understand your needs and discuss all of the options when you come in for a consultation, before providing you with a comprehensive treatment plan.
We understand that dental implants are a significant investment, which is why we offer a range of options for our patients. Our treatment plans ensure you will be cared for long-term, with follow-up appointments and access to regular hygiene visits. A single implant with a crown restoration typically costs from £3449. Check our fees here. We can also help you spread the cost to make treatment more affordable and convenient with 0% interest-free finance options available.
This is one of the most frequently asked questions our implant dentists answer at Illume 360 in Cheltenham. Whilst there is no such thing as permanent dentistry, well cared for implants have excellent longevity and there are many studies showing implant survival over decades of use. How well you look after your implants will have a significant impact on their longevity. In most cases a thorough annual review by your dentist is recommended, as well as regular visits with a dental hygienist to ensure meticulous oral hygiene is maintained to protect your investment.
- You are over 70 years of age
- You have high blood pressure
- You suffer from osteoporosis or arthritis
- You regularly take prescribed anticoagulant medicines such as Warfarin
- You have well controlled diabetes
In short, yes, because losing one or more teeth can lead to tooth movement, which in turn can bring about increased wear and damage, with changes to your bite over time. Dental implants are an effective way to stop this kind of tooth movement.