We offer a variety of full and partial dentures that can help you fill gaps made by multiple missing teeth or even restore a smile with a set of dentures for your whole mouth. Unlike implants, bridges or crowns, dentures are removable, and don’t require you to undergo surgery. Take a look below to see if dentures might be the right option for you.
Different types of dentures
A denture is sometimes called a plate or a prothesis, and you can be fitted with full or partial dentures, depending on how many missing teeth need to be replaced. Dentures are either made from acrylic or a mixture of both acrylic and cast cobalt chromium alloy, which makes them a stronger option.
Benefits of dentures
Dentures are bulkier than options such as implants or bridges, are a little less easy to eat with, and need cleaning too. However, they do have a range of advantages that may make them the best option for you:
- Dentures don’t require surgery
- You may not be eligible for some surgical options, depending on the quality of bone available
- Dentures don’t require removing or reshaping healthy tooth tissue, which can happen with treatments such as dental bridges
- Dentures are usually a more affordable option than surgical alternatives such as implants
- Numerous teeth can be replaced in just one restoration, rather than multiple sessions
- As with all our options, the products are made by specialist technicians in the laboratory, to make sure that you end up with a bright, natural-looking smile.
How do I choose?
As with all of our treatments, we’ll always discuss the options thoroughly with you to understand what works best for you and your oral health. We’ll take X-rays and use a range of models and photographs to help you decide.