Illume dentists recommend that everyone has a full Healthy Mouth Review at least once every year so that we can help our clients avoid dental disease altogether.
But problems do sometimes arise and regular visits to a dentist offer an opportunity to spot and treat problems at an early stage.
As in other branches of medicine, the earlier a problem is diagnosed and treated the better the outcome is likely to be.
But even with the best preventive care problems do arise in the mouth and we recommend that you seek professional advice from a dentist as soon as possible – it never ceases to amaze us that people often approach their doctor when they have a problem related to their mouth!
Dentists are in the best position and have the experience to diagnose and help you solve your oral and dental problem or refer you to the appropriate specialist – especially important in the early detection of signs of oral cancer.
Problems can arise at any time and not coincide with a planned visit, so we urge you to contact us between appointments if you have a concern – and this is a good time to remind you that we do not make a consultation charge for Illume Members.
At your Problem Investigation appointment we aim to:
- See you as soon as we are able
- Diagnose your problem on the day if possible
- Alleviate pain and discomfort, even if only temporarily
- Arrange further investigation or treatment or...
- ...refer you to a Specialist for advice in more complex situations
Are You An Irregular Attender?
There are many people who still only come to see us when they have a problem and even then usually leave it much longer than they should before seeking advice, often citing fear and embarrassment about the state of their mouth and teeth.
To these people we would say that:
- Modern dentistry can be made virtually pain free
- The longer you leave it the more complex or radical your treatment will be
- There is no need to be embarrassed about your teeth – little will surprise us, we have seen virtually everything before, many people will have the same difficulties as you and, in our wide experience, the situation is rarely as bad as you are expecting!
If you have a dental worry, concern or are in pain don't delay – call us today on 01242 522230.
Download this page as a PDF