It never ceases to amaze the Illume dental team that so many people are seemingly happy to have gappy smiles and struggle to eat properly when a simple implant could make all the difference. Illume customers benefit from our visiting oral surgeon, Cliff Nissen's extensive expertise in dental implants.
Missing teeth are commonplace — just look around you — you can’t help but notice. At the front of the mouth they are an obvious cosmetic problem, but people often don’t realise that missing side teeth are really obvious too.
And that’s just the appearance side of having a gap. Missing teeth cause a variety of other problems as well, such as drifting and movement of other teeth making them harder to clean, potentially leading to gum disease and further tooth loss, and of course when teeth are missing there is more stress on the remaining teeth possibly shortening their life too.
There are many good reasons for replacing missing teeth and until relatively recently we only had dentures or bridges to do it. Now, while dentures and bridges can be very effective and remain very useful, the arrival of dental implants has transformed the options available.
After all, why would you not want a replacement that is fixed, strong, lifelike, reliable, long lasting and above all, more like the real thing than anything we have been able offer before.
So, how do we use dental implants?
They can be used to:
- replace single missing teeth with lifelike ceramic crowns
- replace multiple missing teeth with fixed bridgework
- rebuild complete mouths where all teeth have been lost
Why come to Illume for your implants?
- Because of Illume's long-standing reputation for quality and customer service and because we have two excellent clinicians experienced in implant placement and restoration.
- Cliff Nissen is a Periodontal Specialist and has a special interest in the surgical placement stage of dental implants and the techniques required to build bone where it is lacking.
- Simon Gumbley has gained post-graduate experience of restoring implants with crowns, bridges and other sophisticated techniques enabling him to plan and treat cases from a single unit to a full arch restoration.
- Because Illume is able to use the leading brands of implant products such as Straumann and Astra – market leaders in the field of implant production, research and development.
- Because Illume uses top quality experienced dental technicians.
- Because Illume will produce for you a full written treatment plan and all-in costing – implant work can be complex having numerous stages and different components so please don't make a direct comparison of our fees with others who will may simply give a cost for the implant alone.
- Because Illume has a core value that champions the habit of taking time to do things properly and that involves finding out what you really want and producing a treatment plan tailor made for you.
Illume believes that outcomes are more important than processes but for all the information you need please download the Illume Implants Brochure or ask for a consultation.
Download this page as a PDF
For further information, please visit the Straumann and Astra websites: