The Adult Dental Health Survey 2009 reported that 36% of adults who have ever been to the dentist were classified as having moderate dental anxiety with 12% categorised as suffering from extreme dental anxiety.
At Illume we build our practice and services around trust, long term relationships and supporting you take care of your oral health in the best possible way. It’s therefore difficult to understand fully why some clients are affected in this way. However anxiety of any sort has little to do with rational thought and so it falls to us to devise ways to address this anxiety.
The first step is to find out why individual clients feel this way, in our experience it’s usually rooted in a bad previous experience. Whatever the reason, clients may put off attending a Healthy Mouth Review or examination and then worry further that they will need more treatment as they haven’t attended. It can become a vicious circle.
At Illume we believe that we have the answers to help alleviate your worries. These include:
• the long term relationships and rapport the whole team develops with our clients
• the communication that takes place between our dentists and hygienists and clients
• the time we take to have a meaningful conversation with you ensuring you fully understand the options available before you consent to treatment
• the time we take to do the dental treatment properly
• the skills, experience and knowledge of the clinicians
• the relaxed and calm atmosphere in both our reception area and treatment rooms
If you think this is what you’re looking for please give us a call on 01242 522230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment, either for a new client consultation or to have an informal chat with one of our front of house team. We’d love to hear from you